Monday 12 September 2011

Bendtner: I can handle the pressure!

Danish international striker Nicklas Bendtner will not let the pressure that may be on him in Sunderland, affect his game.

Nicklas Bendtner´s responsibility in Sunderland increased further when his team mate Asamoah Gyan announced his switch to the Middle Eastern club Al-Ain.

Thus, the Danish midfielder only have three colleagues in the attack, but the situation suits him just great.

"I can easily handle the pressure. I just hope I can deliver", Nicklas Bendtner says according to The Shields Gazette.

Nicklas Bendtner has had a tough time at Arsenal, where he lived a life on the bench in the last season. Therefore, he was happy to get a loan agreement with Sunderland in the last minutes of the transfer window.

"There were many things I was not happy. But I do not want to talk too much about it now because I've put it behind me. I look forward, and it was good for me to come here on loan for a year", he says.


The tall striker had a great deal of confidence when he scored both goals for Denmark in the 2-0 victory in European Championship qualifying match against Norway last week.

Nicklas Bendtner was also close to score in his debut for Sunderland against Chelsea when he headed from close range. It was a great chance but he sent his header just off target.

Sunderland lost 1-2 to Chelsea.

"It is always difficult to play against teams like Chelsea. Chelsea are a good team with strong players"Bendtner ends.