Tuesday 4 October 2011

Bendtner: Sunderland just a stepping stone

"I miss the Champions League a lot. It's a little hard to see the fantastic tournament go ahead without being present", Nicklas Bendtner to Danish media.

Nicklas Bendtner has played a number of Champions League games with Arsenal and has among other things completed a Champions League hattrick against FC Porto.

The Danish striker also has a large requirement for his next employer.

"I will play Champions League with my next club. That is 100 % certain".

The loanee from Arsenal states that he has settled in well at Sunderland, but he sees it as a step towards something bigger.

"I am here primarily to play football as a solid first choice at my favorite place in front as a striker", Bendtner said, after scoring his first Sunderland goal Saturday.